Friday, July 06, 2007

Weihai, Zaijian!

Tomorrow I say goodbye to Weihai for probably the last time. That means I have a little more than two weeks left in China. I must say I'm not too sad to be leaving Weihai at the moment: many of my good friends are also leaving; I've been fighting with the international office because they don't want to pay me for my work in July; I've been on the toilet for two days because I've had a combination cold/stomach flu/traveler's diarrhea/food poisoning/stress from moving back/stress from fighting the international office; the water is currently turned off for three days; my apartment consequently smells like poo; I'm going to be joining up with a Vanderbilt research team in southern China after I leave Weihai; I will then go to Hong Kong; I will then fly home to the open arms of my family and friends; pizza and ice cream will be waiting for me at home; and it will be much easier to conduct an interview for a job on the same side of the globe as the actual job.

Tonight, my last in Weihai (the only reason it wouldn't be my last is if I have to return to fight the international office some more), was a great (and typical of my time here) way to go out: karaoke! I went with my Asian standards, as well as some of my other best friends in Weihai, and we sang a few classics by Madonna and Britney of course, some Christmas ones (it is July, after all), as well as a few Asian ones that I was mostly unable to read. Then I came back to start/finish packing, and I'm still working on that at 3am.

Sora and Sumin shaking their stuff:


Xu Dong breaking it down:


A few nights ago, they even organized a fountain spectacular in front of the library for my farewell (actually, it may have mostly been for graduation):


Three cool cats (from a few weeks ago):


I don't know what I'm doing in this one (those aren't my empty beers):

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

i do not believe those are not your empty beers.

08 July, 2007 20:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home