Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stalker Saga Supplement

I was finally able to talk with the vice dean late last week about Stalker, but unfortunately not before I had her in class again. Stalker was dressed to the nines as never before, and I am quite sure it was an effort to make me regret not reciprocating her unwanted advances. I was a little unsure that anything would be done after my meeting with the vice dean, but fortunately I got this email from her a couple of days later:

"The party secretary told me that she had a talk with the student and asked her to stop the improper behavior right away. The student felt a bit afraid and losing face, and she agreed. I hope she will not disturb you any more. If she does, please let me know as soon as possible.

"You know, most of the students we are teaching are the only child at home due to China's Family Planning Policy. They are spoilt. They are naive and lack of self-control. I have felt big difference between them and the students I taught years ago. They demand more attention and help from us, both teachers and political instructors who are responsible for their behavior.

Let's hope that the situation changes, though I imagine my last few weeks teaching her will remain awkward.

As far as Stalker's myspace profile goes, she seems to have reacted in the vitriolic manner I would have expected.

From Stalker's myspace profile from May 28:
"Life lesson: If you walk on the street, suddenly a mad dog bites you without reason. What you have to do is continuing to walk with good mood. You don't have to argue with it, because it is a beast. You should keep walking and enjoying your life. We are young; we don't know how sophisticated the society is and how many beasts there are in the world. You behave well and are a good person, which is most important.we can not trust a person before we know what kind of person he is. He may be a beast which disguises being a good man.Everyone has its worst experiences; it is one of my worst nightmares. I wish every good person has beautify life without interrupting by any of these beasts.

And though the following part has been posted for a while, it has suddenly become a lot more ironic:
"Frankly speaking, I don't want to meet some big guys like others. I think it is ridiculous, because worship is very ridiculous at first. Why someone always worship other people confuses me all the time. These so called big guys are normal people who eat, drink and sleep like us.


OK, on to better things. This past weekend Allyssa and I threw a birthday party for a Japanese friend turning the big 2-9; she's the one in the yellow shirt below. Allyssa was in charge of most of the food, though I did throw in a few kebabs. I was in charge of the beverages: sangria and margaritas. The sangria turned out really well, and while the margaritas were good, they tasted more like tropical punch than margaritas. Considering I haven't seen one lime in China, I suppose this was inevitable. Anyhow, after everyone had consumed a few glasses (which for Asians spells trouble), we commenced the taking of goofy pictures.

Below, a Korean friend makes fun of ridiculous Korean picture poses.



And an international (Korean + Korean+ Japanese + American) girl sandwich!





Finally, I leave you with a picture of the most hideous building in Weihai. I cringe every time I look at it. It's just awful. Why a fountain pen? Why mauve, cream, and beige? Why the sloped, curved facade? Why tiles? Why really ugly glass? Why the lincoln-log-like entrance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home