Saturday, March 24, 2007

Notes from the Underground

A few more selections from my students' writing exercises:

The revised, final draft of a limerick:

There was a nice guy from Georgia
But now he is teaching in China
He wore T-shirt in Winter
He is our dear teacher
I will miss him if he goes back to Atlanta


A few letters of apology:

Dear Brenda,
I would like to express my apologies for sending you a rose last Sunday. You must misunderstand me that I'm a homosexual. On fact, I took that day as Fool Day and later my sister told me it was wrong.
With many apologies,
Rosalyn

Dear Christ,
I'm writing to express my apologies for not being able to bring a lamb to you this time because it's forbidden to take animals on the train. Next time I'll put a lamb in a box when I get on the train and you'll see it by then.
With many apologies,
Cherry

Dear Saddam,
I'm very sorry that my soldiers hanged you mercilessly. You know I didn't mean to do that. I'm quite sure a good man like you will go to the heaven.
Sincerely,
George W. Bush


And a thank-you letter:

Dear Mr. George,
Thanks for your fighters, missiles, and bombs. I have never seen such kind of things for more than ten years. They are so interesting. But since there are ample of them, please no more.
Sincerely,
A young lady from a poor country



Clever, eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Highly amusing.

26 March, 2007 14:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home